Skype lessons are open to anyone worldwide. Based in the UK, I am on Greenwich Mean Time (GMT) and typically teach up until 20:00GMT each day. If you’d like a Skype lesson later than this please get in touch to discuss.
What do I need to learn on Skype?
- Skype! You can get Skype from www.skype.com, it’s free, all you need to do is sign up for an account.
- You’ll need a webcam and a microphone (This can be a built in microphone) so that you can be heard. The webcam should be able to fit you and the guitar into frame so a separate webcam would be recommended over a built in one.
- A good, stable Internet connection. Check your speed on www.speedtest.net. I’d recommend a minimum of 10mbps upload speed and 0.6mbps download speed to ensure quality streaming.
- A guitar (acoustic or electric) and an amplifier (if playing electric).
- A guitar tuner and all the accessories you could need (plectrums, spare strings, a capo).
So what now? How do I get started?
Leigh Fuge (@leighfuge) is a guitar teacher with 10+ years industry experience. RGT and RSL Certified. Teaches in person (local) and Skype (global)