Skype lessons are a great way to learn if you are unable to get to Swansea for face to face lessons, or you have a busy schedule. Skype lessons allow you to connect with me for a lesson, at a time agreed when booking, and allows you the option to learn from your own home.
Skype lessons are open to anyone worldwide. Based in the UK, I am on Greenwich Mean Time (GMT) and typically teach up until 20:00GMT each day. If you’d like a Skype lesson later than this please get in touch to discuss.
What do I need to learn on Skype?
- Skype! You can get Skype from www.skype.com, it’s free, all you need to do is sign up for an account.
- You’ll need a webcam and a microphone (This can be a built in microphone) so that you can be heard. The webcam should be able to fit you and the guitar into frame so a separate webcam would be recommended over a built in one.
- A good, stable Internet connection. Check your speed on www.speedtest.net. I’d recommend a minimum of 10mbps upload speed and 0.6mbps download speed to ensure quality streaming.
- A guitar (acoustic or electric) and an amplifier (if playing electric).
- A guitar tuner and all the accessories you could need (plectrums, spare strings, a capo).
So what now? How do I get started?
Complete the contact form below and I will get back to you to discuss dates/times for your lessons and to answer any questions you might have. If there is any relevant notation that will be required for the lesson it will be sent to you ahead of the lesson (and any ad-hoc notation from during the lesson will be sent afterwards). I’d recommend printing off any sheets for ease of use in the lesson (So you won’t need to be clicking between windows).
Please fill in the below contact form to discuss or book Skype lessons and I will get back to you as soon as possible: